Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Day Seven - John Chapter Seven

   The thing that sticks out in the seventh chapter of the Gospel of John is how polarizing  and controversial Jesus was. Funny how He is still that to this day.

   The chapter starts off with his brothers telling him they didn't want him around. Then He has to secretly sneak into Judea so He can attend one of the jewish feasts. While there Jesus teaches in one of the synagogues and stirs up the pot. The jewish leadership had a totally different idea of who the Messiah would be and what he would look like and do. This chapter tells me Jesus was that guy but He definately didn't fit into their mold. Again, that's sort of how most people like thier god (little g); able to fit him into what ever box they can.

   I think that is how I used to be. When I first came to know the Lord I certainly was not sold out. Shoot, I didn't know that much about Him. All I knew is I was dead in my sin, and the only way to bridge the gap between me and God was to confess and believe Jesus died for my sin. Over time I have come to know who Jesus is and how much He loves me. now there have been seasons in my life when I have neglected that love and it's usually during those times I manage to mess things up. You know what? He is always there waiting for me.

   I'm a little taken back at how Jesus' brothers blow Him off. He's the oldest and yet in another part of the Bible you read how they thought He was nuts. You got to believe His mother had told them about the miracle He did at the wedding in Cana. News had to be moving around as to how Jesus was healing people and feeding thousands with a "bag lunch." Nope, they didn't want any part of Him. Funny, same today. Hopefully, if you follow me the rest of the way on this 21 Day Challenge, you won't see Jesus how His brothers did. Until next time, God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment