Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Crazy Love

When I was growing up I didn't really enjoy reading. It wasn't until I started sailing out of Boston through the Gulf of Maine I really got into reading. That was before computers, DVD players, and Direct TV. I spent hours in the rack off watch reading. Mostly action novels but every now and then some self help stuff. My Christian walk wasn't much of a walk back then and to truthfully honest it was more like a crawl.

Books have come and gone since then. Some college courses and forced reading, ESPN Magazine and Men's Health, The Bible, and my Max Laccado stuff. However, I was challenged recently by a young deckhand at work, Kevin Buttrey, to pick up a book called Crazy Love, by Francis Chan. For a young guy to be so fired up and passionate about a book I thought I'd give it a try. I did some research, purchased the book and a DVD study guide to go along with it and we'll see what happens.

I've read the foreword and preface and have come to this conclusion: I'll either be totally convicted and transformed or miss the message and continue to live a mediocre Christian life. It's my desire to share my thoughts with you as I move through the 10 chapters. I don't know where we'll end up but it might be fun. Until next time...

God Bless,
Vernon

1 comment:

  1. Just uploaded it to my Kindle. I am looking forward to it! I pray that God will open my mind and my heart as I read so that I may hear His word.

    ReplyDelete